Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Legal Documents > Documents > Spelling mistake in sale deed   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1 2

There are 10 Replies to this message

Anantha

sw
[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 01 December 2008 at 21:31 Report Abuse

Hi
i have recently purchased an apartment on loan. I recently noticed that there is a spelling mistake in my first name . Instead of "Anantha" , it is typed as "Ananta" . one letter "h" is missing in my first name. will it create problems in future? can i rectify the spelling mistake. Is the builder required to rectify the spelling mistake? Can i ignore such minor spelling mistakes ? Is original sale deed required for rectification ?My  original sale deed is with the bank .

Thanks,
Anantha

D.V.RamaKrishna

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 358]
Posted On 01 December 2008 at 23:31 Report Abuse

Mr Anantha,

Spelling Mistake in your name( in the nature of a single letter missing ) will not affect your title to the property unless there have been any major mistakes w.r.t. your name, fathers name or the details of the property.

So I feel there is no need for having a rectification deed being executed.

N.K.Assumi

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 21565]
Posted On 02 December 2008 at 14:46 Report Abuse

Dear Anantha, It is an old and rationl maxim of the law that where the party to a transaction or the subject of a transaction are either of them actually or corporeally present, the calling of either by a wrong name is immaterial; Presenti corporis tollit errorem nominis: Lord Bacon in his maxims fully explains and copiously illustrates this rule of  Law and good sense and shows how it applies not only to persons, but to things. Your Sale deed can not be affected for that.

prabhu selvarasu

advocate
[ Scorecard : 125]
Posted On 03 December 2008 at 16:49 Report Abuse

I agree with Ramakrishna

Ajay kumar singh

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 853]
Posted On 03 December 2008 at 21:00 Report Abuse

If your parentage and address is correct,you need not worry.

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL

Advocate & Consumer Rights
[ Scorecard : 16585]
Posted On 03 December 2008 at 21:47 Report Abuse

You can register a rectification deed by correcting and rectifying the mistake.

K.C.Suresh

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 8188]
Posted On 04 December 2008 at 05:08 Report Abuse

Better register a rectification deed

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora.

Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India
[ Scorecard : 1061]
Posted On 05 December 2008 at 00:26 Report Abuse

Since you are the owner of the property, your builder cannot be required to rectify the said error. You may not ignore such spelling error no wonder how small it be. Practice of the particular registry where your document is registered shall be the judge as to whether original sale deed is required for rectification or not. Rectification Deed may be executed taking your banker into confidence.

Better seek your lawyer's advice in the matter.

sushil

bussiness
[ Scorecard : 46]
Posted On 12 December 2008 at 09:31 Report Abuse

make a declaration by notary public that anantha and ananta are the same persons. others have also qouted the right answers.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA

LAWYER, SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
[ Scorecard : 10536]
Posted On 24 December 2008 at 16:45 Report Abuse

Although missing of one word doesn't matter. But if u think it would create any problem then make a declaration by notary public that anantha and ananta are the same persons. others have also qouted the right answers.

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next