LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navneet Patel (MD)     19 May 2015

Special leave petition

The said Land was notified for a town development scheme by the Development authority.

The land owner challanged the acquisition proceedings and the state govt. ruled in favor of land owner and quashed land acquisition proceedings.

THe land owner was refused NOC by development authority stating it was a part of their development scheme

Land owner filed WP in which High court ruled in favor of Land Owner and directed development authority to issue NOC.

Development authority filed Review Petition which was not admitted and dismissed by High COurt.

Development authority filed Writ Appeal which was again not admitted and dismissed by high court.

Now development authority is planning to file SLP.

Will their SLP be admitted ????

Learning

2 Replies

bsrao   20 May 2015

Which state is this? There are state litigation policies in place that have put detailed what kind of cases need to go upto Supreme Court. Represent to the CS of the state explaining the vexatious legal proceedings against you by the govt. body ignoring the state litigation policy (copy the same to development authority also).  They may stop there.

SC may, in all liklihood, dismiss their SLP.

Navneet Patel (MD)     22 May 2015

Thanks. The State is Madhya Pradesh. I went through the state litigation policy and a representation to the CS might help. Who else can I represent my case apart from the CS. 

The problem is the Development authority is governed by a board consisting majority of polictically appointed members and represantatives of the administration. The board considers itself above the law. As in a similar case the Land owner won from the supreme court and still the board refuses to issue him NOC. 

WHat should be my next Plan of action ?

I was considering filing contempt of court .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register