Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr Sanghavi (NA)     01 November 2014

Son's mother wants to file dv against daugher in law

Hi,

My Mother, a senior citizen, appx 60 yrs wants to file a DV against my wife as my wife has filed a false DV against me. Can she do it & under what section.

Can she get a free legal aid to file DV.  Kindly advise so as right justice happens

Learning

3 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     01 November 2014

Yes, Mr.Sanghavi. 

Your mother has exactly same legal rights as your wife.

Your mother can file DV against your wife.

She should also get free legal aid to file DV.

Read the following Mumbai court judgement dated 26-Sep-2014.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Woman-too-can-take-daughter-in-law-to-court-under-Domestic-Violence-Act-HC/articleshow/43480213.cms

MUMBAI: It's not only a woman who is the wife or live-in partner of a male abuser who is entitled for relief under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. Even other women in a domestic relationship with him [abuser] in a shared household are entitled to it, the Bombay HC ruled on Thursday. 

In other words, a mother can now file a complaint against her daughter-in-law or daughter. Also, a woman can file a case against her sister-in-law and sister. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2014

You have not stated as to why/on what grounds your mother will file DV case on your wife.  So no Comments.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 November 2014

your mother may file the dv case u/s 12 of dv act before magistrate, being a lady she is entitle to get free legal aid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More