LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankaj Deshpande   04 May 2017

Society transfer matter

I have been residing in a society for last 17 years. Recently I have purchased a bigger flat in the same building. In my society the current society committee has taken a decision not to transfer the society flat in my name since the agreement has car parking clause . points to be noted 1) All the earlier chain agreements ( for the said flat ) have the same car parking clause and the same committee has transferred the flat in 2013. 2) The same committee has allowed car parking slots to be transferred in Oct 2016 to a member ( who is part of committee ) whereas I have jut a car parking clause in my agreement. 3) society members state that they want to follow supreme court judgement of 2010 regarding car parking but during last 7 years at least 4 flats have been sold with car parking transferred from seller to buyer rather than surrendering the car parking to society from seller. 4) my point is very simple -- I will follow rules if society committee follows them. so if each and every flat which is sold in last 7 years need to transfer car parking to society and society needs to give notices to them . why are they singling me out ? Need your guidance as to how to approach this matter. Rgds Pankaj Deshpande

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 May 2017

if there are limited number of parking spots, then the managing committee decides the basis of the distribution in consultation with the members. Some take the first come, first serve route and often perform quarterly reshuffles of parking spot to ensure no resident enjoys exclusivity. At times, if this is not practiced then the residents claim ownership of the parking spot. You can give complaint to the Registrar of cooperative societies for injustice to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register