LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagadeesh (Individual)     18 April 2014

Single entrance flat but has two agreement. how to combine

I reside in Thane where I have bought a flat from builder few years back. While the flat has single entrance and two flats are combined (entire building has flat like mine in each floor of 20 storied building), there are two agreements with different size of flats in our name. But for all practical purpose, it is a single 3 BHK flat.

Very recently, society got formed and now they are going to charge maintenance charges on per flat basis and not on per sq feet basis which is legally correct. However, for no good reason, we will now end up paying huge amount of maintenance based on per unit basis.

Is there a way legally, I can combine these two agreements into a single agreement with registrar office? If I have a single agreement for the entire combined flat, I can insist for single maintenance bill which saves me good amount of money.

Learning

2 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     20 April 2014

Check the OC and completion certificate if it corrected to one flat the it is possible.

Jagadeesh (Individual)     20 April 2014

Thanks for quick response. OC is yet to come but it will come as two flats. Question to me is, to understand if there is any provision in law to make two flats combined to one and also merge current two agreements into one?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register