Case in point is as follows =-
1. A flat in Maharashtra under CIDCO was jointly in name of My father and mother.
2. They both had made a will stating that all proceeds should be devolved in my(son) name after both had expired.
3. My father had also nominated my mother in prescribed nomination form with the society with 100% share being in her name.
4. On 23/07/2010 , my father expired leaving behind me and my mother.
5. 5 nos shares each of Rs 50 were held by my father and which I naw wish to be transferred in the name of my mother with all rights for sale/nomination also to be vested with my mother after transfer.
6. I am the ONLY child of my parents and hence part of class I descendant, other being my mother.
7. I have no objection to aforesaid transfer of shares and will issue NOC as required.Under such circumstances, I have requested the society committee memners to do the transfer based on -
a. Application with required fees as per prescribed form
b. Undertakings as required unde rural ceiling act as well as NOC form me
c. under taking in prescribed form for use of flat
I request legal guidance from lawyers/ persons dealing in Maharashtra co-operative housing and whether any other documentation would be required.
I am being asked for succession certificate by then society committee and would like to know whether this is really required, particularly in my case?
Thanks n regards
A A Bondre