Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annonymous   28 November 2017

Settlement through lokadalat

Hello Everyone,

We filed a compansation claim on an insurance company a year back. After a year, the case was referred to Lok Adalat and settled as offer made by Insurance company was acceptable. But now it is almost two months since the case was disposed by LokAdalat and we still have not received the compansation amount. Our Advocate is saying that the court has to pass an decree and that would go Insurance company and after that insurance company will deposit the amount to court for us to withdraw it from court. It is almost two months and there is no status update on this. Even in ecourtservices.com, we can find only the case status as Disposed. My Advocate claims that it is court job to pass decree and we can not interfere in that. Court may take some more time to pass decree.

We want to know, can court really take time to pass an order even though the matter is settled? can't we ask court or its office barriers for a status update on this?  Any provision to know updates on this ?

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Your advocate is correct.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     28 November 2017

It seems bot the Counsels did not collect the award copy from Lokadalat office. Try to ascertain the position from the Lokadalat office. The amount has to be deposited within 30 days from the date of passing the award.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 November 2017

Every award of the Lok Adalat is deemed to be a decree of a Civil Court

Annonymous   29 November 2017

Thank You Everyone for information,

But please let me know how should we approach this. If I am understanding correctly, award copy can be considered as a decree of court and we do not require to wait for separate decree from court and I should have received the amount within 30 days of settlement. But should not our advocate and insurance company's advocate know this already, because everytime I discuss this matter with my advocate, he says that we have to wait for decree from the court and there is nothing he can do on this to get the status. He said that he has asked for the copy of the decree alongwith Insurance company and hence whenever court passes the decree, he will get the copy of it.

Can I personally approach court somehow to get the position, or how my advocate can approach this, so I will let my advocate know ?

Thank You again for understanding and spending time on this.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 November 2017

Pl do one thing go to the legal services Authority office and inquire about the award copy. You will know the position whether the Insurance Company's counsel has collected  the award copy or not?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register