Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HK Abbas A Khan (Software Consultant)     16 June 2011

Settlement Deed as per muslim personal law

Hi,

We are three sisters(all married n well settled) & 1 son. My father has health issues at the moment & become very weak and i have mother too, both are happily living with me.

Seeing my father's health, the issue of property sharing among children has raisen.

In a village, My father has a commerical site of around 30 x 70 feet with 2 shops built in the front of the site n rented. Second a dry land of 5 acre and third, another land of approx 5 acres. Totally 3 separate properties. 

My parents willingness is to give the site to me after both of them and one peace of 5 acre land (ancestor property under litigation at the moment with other cousins) to me.

The second peace of 5 acre seperate land to be equally distributed among 3 sisters either the property or the value of it. It depends on thier understanding.

My sisters have objection to this and everybody want an equal share in the commercial site too.

Hence,

1. Can my father make a SETTLEMENT DEED as above(by ignoring daughters demand) & register it in sub-registrar office of that taluk..?

2. Can my sisters stop my father to do this kind of settlement deed legally.?

3. Can they file a suit demanding thier share before or after this settlement deed being made?

Your expert opinion is urgently required.

Thank you in Advance.

HKA Khan

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register