Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayank (worker)     23 November 2014

Services not provided by tikona.

Hello Everyone.

I got Tikona internet installed at my place on 29 September 2014. As per the plan i should get 30 GB of internet pack, 2 MBPS Speed  I made a advance payment of 3300 for 6 months.

but this connection never worked properly since day 1. It had been giving problems of speed, frequent disconnection. I get speed of only 0.5 MBPS, sometimes it is 0.01 too

I have registered over 50 complaints with the operator and sent over 100 mails but still it is lying unsolved. I get call from there side everytime i send them a mail , The common reasons they give are- 1. PROBLEM IN TOWER, 2. PROBLEM IN NETWORK 3. PROBLEM IN ROOFTOP DEVICE 4. TOO MANY USERS.

I am having all the call recordings, complaint ID , Screenshots of the comp, Videos made on the speed.

Now i want to ask,

1. as i have used the net (over 5 GB) that too in emergency which gave very less speed, CAn i file a complaint as operator is not providing the services as it should have been.?

2. Also, The internet was installed so that i can work from home but it has become a burden and affected my work. Should i seek compensation for the same?

3. I had to use internet of other service provider so that i can work. This means double costing to me. CAn i get a refund even if  i have used some part of my data limit?

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 November 2014

File complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum against service provider [Tikona] for their deficieny in services and claim  the payment  of Rs 3300/ which you made  as advance also claim compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you .

cyberlawyer (barrister)     23 November 2014

You should have enquired about tikona before even thinking about availing their services, much less making an advance. Their services are the worst among the worst.

I dont think you can get any compensation from them as they are very smart in getting agreement with disclaimer clause signed by you.

What i suggest you is, you can get your connection disconnected by placing a request and can ask for refund of the money paid for deficiency in service. Have you atleast threatened them through email that their connection is so bad and if the connection continues to be pathetic, you wish for disconnection of their services ?

It is you who have to decide whether to give them any more opportunity or to just get their services severed apart from getting refund. 

If you want refund, you can approach the consumer court. 

Mayank (worker)     24 November 2014

I never signed any agreement. They said all the documents are computerised. Also, is sending a legal notice compulsory or can i directly go to district forum

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2014

You must have signed CAF. Demand copy of the service activation form,T&C,narrate all issues faced by you,deactivation registration number and deactivation , refund and complaint number in writing only... Log on to TRAI website and download rules and regulations for broadband services, FAQ, and refer to these. Consumers can lodge complaint without lawyer in DCDRF,however it shall be better if you are represented by an able lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More