LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.P.AGRAWAL (PROPRIETOR)     06 September 2013

Service tax registration

Some another person has applied registration under service tax in the name of client on line. My client has not down load the form, neither submitted any signed document to the department. The Registering authority under Service Act has also not caused any inquiry, neither the registration certificate is received by my client.Hence he has not filed any service tax return (ST-3). My client has no no liability to pay service tax.

Now the issue is the department has issued demand cum show cause notice for imposition of penalty.

Would i be suggested the remedy to over come the problem with citation of authority. Can the registration certifate can be cancelled and proceeding be dropped.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 September 2013

Even if registration certificate gets cancelled the proceedings will be on track & implement by the dept. Unless u show the correct reasons with evidence

D.P.AGRAWAL (PROPRIETOR)     06 September 2013

Thanks for your reply sir. My issue is different here some body else has made application on line for grant of service tax registration. No further steps were taken post generation of registration. In case Whether a person is liable for regerious of service tax procedures. Whether he will be treated as defaulter of non filling of return. What are the remedies in his support.

JAGAT TATIA (Advocate)     07 September 2013

Sir,

Firstly, that if you not submitted the signed form before the department then the temperary registration will be cancelled automatically, this may within 15 days.

as regard to the show cause notice, under what ground department has given you notice, please see, read and reply properly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More