Working in a psu bank. Got promoted feon clerk to officer. Seeing working conditions, i applied for reversal to clerical cadre on 19.12.2016. My letter forward to zonal office delhi on 31.12.2016 by our regional office Chandigarh. But till now aaplication is held by zonal office delhi known to me On inquiries from regional office chadigarh.on the other hand working conditions are same as before and i had decided to revert to clerk or resign. 2 days ago i give a reminder to our branch manager, but that yet not forwarded.when i directlysend my application to regional office or zonal office, they say you must take a forward letter fron us.what to do? I am taking reversal as i am not finding me able to perform duties at this post, timings of work remains more, colleagues workig behaviour and my home conditions, my father mother health.


It is not necessary that the Bank should accede to your request. Certainly, you have the option to resign or to seek voluntary retirement, if eligible.


Retired employee.

Unions/Associations who are collecting subscripttttions from you can help in sorting out the matter.


What can not be cured must be endured.  Instead of hating the new assignment try to love it now.

 How all other PSU  Officers are functioning when such are the working conditions ?  Every post has it's merits and demerits.  All these problems crop initially in any new assignment, believe me within one year, you can certainly love the job.  Adept to such changes and tune your mind set, every thing goes on well.  When others can work, why can not you ?

The present set of functioning as officer in Bank is 100% more convenient now, than it was previously with manual maintenance of ledgers, balancing, tallying of day book, submission of accounts etc.,

Email at: - for Practical Solutions to 498a Dowry issues Divorce Property Departmental Inquiry NPA Dishonoured Cheques Corporate Laws etc.

Better resign, if promotional job does not suit you any more and request for reversion is not acceded by the management.

Free legal advice and legal aid cell

You have got every right to get back to your earlier post.  As you have already sent a letter regarding this matter, better to move the High Court with all the correspondence.  If the situation is unbearable, better to take leave some time and in the meantime see, how the case turns up.  No need to resign at this stage.  Resignation option is always available to youl.

Email at: - for Practical Solutions to 498a Dowry issues Divorce Property Departmental Inquiry NPA Dishonoured Cheques Corporate Laws etc.

Sorry to differ with the views of the representative of Samarpan. In Government departments and PSUs, once an employee accepts promotion, he loses the right to revert back to his earlier post. All depends upon the discretion of the competent authority. So far as his right is concerned, he was free to exercise his right to decline promotion well before his selection for the higher post, but not after his selection and that too after acceptance of promotion.

In such situation, moving HC may prove costly for him moneywise as well as in earning the wrath of his superior authorities, besides failure in his legal venture.

If it is not his academic query, but a real problem, it would be better for him to request the competent authority on merits, but not merely on the plea of unsuitable working conditions. He can be benefited by administrative approach, but not by legal approach.

Apparently, he is not being made to work in different conditions than for others in the bank.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu