Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhakar BC (SME)     22 December 2014

Senior citizen property issues

Dear Sirs,

My father purchased a empty land behind hour house 5 years back, however the land owner is making lot or issues to my father, he filed legal case 3 time and all the 3 times we won along with the apeals. He is having lot of money power and gundas power and he is openly telling that he will not allow my father to enjoy that property.

my father is 68 years old and we are unable to sell the property also.

can we file a criminal case against the owner?

can we go to consumer forum?

will the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007 help us?

kindly suggest us what can we do further on this case.

every time we win the case and he goes to apeal and again file a new case.. it is creating lot of mental tortufe for my father and to my family.

looking forward your kind assistance.

thanks

sudhakar

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     23 December 2014

1) Criminal Case :No, unless there has been physical violence/ threat of it and you have strong evidence/witnesses for the same.

2) No, unless the Sellor is in the business of property sales.

3) No. the provisions of the Act referred are for Parent's maintainance, broadly.

You / your father has to just remain calm . The Legal System allows for appeals and you have to go through the process. The fact that you have won thrice indicates your case is most probably valid and strong. Presumably you are also claiming costs and damages so finally the Opposite Party will end up paying the same along with interest to compensate you, at least to some extent.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register