Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul sharma (software developer)     30 December 2015

Section 420 is not applicable in fraud cases:police

HI Experts,

I need precious advice on Airtickets fraud that was carried out in Mohali. The Ticktet Agent cancelled my ticket and got refund but never intimated me.  I went to that agent and took him to court and he provided us the an affidavit and cheque sum of rupee 70K.

But Cheque bounced and he started threatning us as he hold good politican reputation. so in fear we move an application to local police to register the case of 420,120B against the agent. A month has been passed and we moved to SHO of that police station. there are several compaints against that agent. Police officer told us. This is Civil matter 420 is not applicable in eyes of Law

as you went to that person for ticket and he cancelled ur ticket and then got refund and he assured you return of money through cheque so file case under NI act 138.

Question : Does criminal offence is not applicable in such cases. The accused can enjoy the way he is carrying out his bussines.

so therfore i logged compalint in Police station in mohali. 

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 December 2015

Repeated query

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Police-not-taking-any-action-in-airticket-fraud-130199.asp

rahul sharma (software developer)     30 December 2015

Situation is changed now. The ball started rolling but it shifted towards Civil Proceeding

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register