Section 376 query


i have a case against a probationer. i need to file an FIR. i need to talk to a lawyer to explain the whole case and also to file an FIR. i will be personally meeting a lawyer too but trying to get help on this forum. any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Lawyer in

Section 376 provides that there is no appeal in petty cases. The section also prescribes the limitation of punishments and fines to fixed the nature of petty cases, in various courts. 


Advocate/Legal Consultant (

Give more facts for us to help


ok here are the details. there was this guy with whom i had a relationship. he used to talk marriage to me. he even made me pregnant which we later aborted. we have stayed in hotel room together where he had intoxicated me and forced me. until recently i still believed that he would marry me but he broke up all of a sudden because probably his marriage has been fixed. i now plan to file an FIR against him.



you can go ahead for filing case u/s 493/376 IPC absolutely there is no issue

Dy Director

whether he is probationer in Govt service




Under probation of offenders Act

Practicing Advocate/Legal Consultant/Legal Process Outsourcing 08427414792

You may file an FIR against him but the chances of conviction are very abysmmal. Any allegation in a criminal case has to be proved beyond a shadow of reasonable doubt before the court can pass an order convicting the accused. In the absence of any cogent evidence the court will be constrained to discharge/acquit him.


Ashish Davessar


Supreme Court of India

Punjab and Haryana High Court




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu