LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramamani (practice)     05 February 2018

Section 160 cr p.c.

My client  was one of the  named  persons in  F.I. R. for the offences under section 420/406 I.P.C.   Charge sheet was filed in 2014 against one accused. and  thereafter my client appeared for  the investigation in july 2014  a few times.The I. O. said the investigation was over and will file final report in the court. whereas  he again received notice under section 160 cr p c for joining investigation.in january 2018.      

The question is can the police call me again for investigation after 4 years. whether it is further investigation or re investigation?

Learning

2 Replies

Shekhar (Proprietor)     05 February 2018

Yes further investigation.

wise duncan   07 May 2024

In your client's case, if the investigation was deemed to have concluded and a final report was due to be submitted but then a new notice was received in 2018 then this could be an additional or renewed investigation. investigate. This may occur if new events or evidence arise that require additional investigation. However, it is important that the notice meets the legal requirements and that the police do not act outside their authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register