LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (Manager)     01 January 2014

Second case under section 279 & section 338

Dear All, Need your opinion around two years back I had a accident with a drunk pedestrian who suddenly decided to cross the road and got hit and case U/s 279 & 338 was registered, in order to buy peace of mind, pleaded guilty and was let off with a fine. Recently two months back I had a unfortunate accident with a cyclist who clearly ignored the red light and was injured and case u/s 279 and 338 is registered against me. I wish to know should I fight the case as I have strong defense or in order to buy peace of mind should plead guilty and pay the fine. Will my earlier "conviction"effect this case as being called a repeat offender and put behind the bars or every such case is considered as separate case, I am willing to settle the case with cyclist but such action will result in conviction U/s 279 as the same is not compoundable. Kindly advice the best course of action is there any jurisdictional precedence in such matter of repeat offence!!!! Thanks in advance

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2014

contest the case and get acquitted by asking the injured/pw1 to turn hostile during trial.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register