LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Sec 8 of rti re-defined !!!

Attaching my recent RTI QUERY and the reply received thereof from the local Staion HQ . Could not convert it to text. I am am sure it will add to another glorious chapter to Sec 8 of RTI Act towards its grave.

Learning

4 Replies

santosh (engineer)     27 February 2012

Really surprising to find the PIO have returned the applicant fees and have not submitted any reason for denying the applicantion.

(Guest)

What should I now ? Will someone from the ex-servicemen group / organisation take a not and take up the issue ? It's time right de-mystify Regimental Funds and its misuse in the name of welfare of troops? What about the bura -cats ? Are they in cllusion or ready now for a collision?

I now request Arvind Kejriwal to leave the LOKPAL to LKA ,BABA RAM etc etc and help us to make the RTI movement the principal tool for bringing the change .It is rightly said- Prevention is better than cure. RTI Act helps the citizen of India to prevent fraud whereas LOKPAL or JOKPAL tries to punish the corrupt for his corrupt act.

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     20 March 2012

Dear Mr Mandal

The reply by the PIO kis not in accordance with the provisions of the RTI Act for follwoing reasons:

1. Returning the postal order amounts to non- acceptance of the application and the requisite fee as provided under the Act. Hence as a matter of fact, the PIO has refused to accept your application.

2. RTI Act covers every information kept with the public authority. The stand that the information on the subject "meant for welfare of serving officers" cannot be given to other persons than those covered under such subject is not a stand at all. The PIO has to bring the information withing the domain of exemptions as provided in section 8 of the RTI Act. The Act also mandates that the PIO cannot take refuge under any other laws except RTI Act in denying information.

3. Section 6 (2) of the RTI Act clearly provides that the information seeker is not required to provide any reason for seeking information. The purpose of seeking information is of no concern to the PIO.

In view of the above, I suggest you that you file a complaint to the Central Information Commission under section 18 of the RTI Act. For any suggestion and assistance in drafting and filing complaint, feel free to contact me.

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar, Adv.

+91-9868002365

www[dot]jaipuriar[dot]com

(Guest)

Dear Sri Divya

Thanks for the advice.I certainly need some legal help to get the auth to bend forward and provide me the info.Only problem is with the CIC. My second appeal on URC is pending there for more than four months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register