LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhashis (Electrical Engg)     21 December 2013

Seats not available after confirmed tkt

On  18th i had travelled from NJP to KQU in west bengal by train. I had a confirmed ticket. My bording station was DLO, but due to some problem i boarded the train after 2 station , which is 2 hours away from my original boarding point. After boarding the train i found that my seats were given to some other passengers. Upon contacting the TTE, he said that as i did not boarded the train in my booked station he waited for next station & the seats were given to other RAC passengers. Though i boarded the train after 2 station he can not give me the seats as it has been allotted to some RAC passengers due to my unavailibility. He said it is the law of the railway taht if someone missed the boarding point TTE has the power to offer the seats to other RAC passengers after few station & if the actual passenger ( whose booking was confirmed) boarded the train after that he will not get the seats. Is it like that? please advise. Instead of confirmed ticket i had to traveled withoput seats with my family. It was a bad experience & really bad rule of the railway for the passengers.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2013

CHANGE OF BOARDING POINT :
If a passenger desires to occupy reserved accommodation from any station enroute, he would be permitted to entrain at any intermediate station he chooses irrespective of the distance from the starting station subject to the following conditions :

1.        A specific request must be made in writing at the station from where the ticket is purchased and reservation made atleast 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train from the starting station.

2.        The Railway Administration reserves the right to use such accommodation from the originating station up to the station at which the passenger is due to entrain.

3.        No refund will be permissible for the portion of journey not performed by the passenger.

CANCELLATION OF RESERVATION DUE TO LATE ARRIVAL OF PASSENGER :
If a passenger, for whom a berth or seat has been reserved, does not turn up up to 10 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train, the Railway Administration may cancel the accommodation reserved for him and allot it to the passenger on the RAC list/Waiting list accordingly on priority.

https://www.indianrail.gov.in/reservation_Rules.html

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 December 2013

Now you cannot do anything against the railway.  TTC has rightly executed his rights by alloting the seats to RAC passengers.  It is your mistake not occupying the seats from your original boarding point.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register