Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagannath Basu (Project Manager IT & Cloud Infra Services)     03 March 2018

Sbi visa credit card fraudulent transaction

Dear Lawyers Forum,

on 28 Feb 2018, at 3:44am, there has been a fraudulent transaction. In which, an amount of $740.94 (INR 48037.81) by one APL*APPLE ONLINE STORE.

There was a subsequent fraudulent transaction attempt of $92.79 by SP*SUGARBEARHAIR. But the Bank got alarmed and declined the dubious transaction. And subsequently the Credit card was blocked.

I called the bank and reported the transaction and confirmed that it was an act of fraud. Also, I sent them written request as per process the same day.

The replied stating that they are looking into the matter but the liability is mine.

As a consumer, what are my legal rights and options to save myself from the loss and not pay for that fraud. As far as the bank, the liability is mine.

Please help and suggest the next steps.

Thanks and regards.

Jagannath Basu

jagbasu69@yahoo.com

Learning

3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     03 March 2018

pl lodge your complaint with cyber crime police.

Jagannath Basu (Project Manager IT & Cloud Infra Services)     03 March 2018

Thanks sir. is there a web page or email address? Anyways I am looking up on Google.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 March 2018

SBI Cards Company i.e. M/s SBIPCSL is not Bank.

M/s SBI ha majority stake, thats all.

Invariably in such matters the response in the beginning is same as given to you and even after investigation by CC company..

The stand is usually that CC holder is liable to protect the password/OTP etc ………

After some time the matter is reported to Credit Bureau’s like CIBIL and interest/Late payment charges are added………

Lodge complaint with police/cyber crime, and CC Company under proper acknowledgment..

Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in consumer matters and having successful track record …and worth his/her salt…ASAP.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register