Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anandan Rajamanicam (Engineer)     30 March 2015

Sale of property

Dear Legal experts, 

Please give your guidance for the following issue.. ( Staying in Tamil Nadu )

My father passed away in the year. 1970,  I have my mother aged 82, and  4 sisters, all get married / settled well, 

My mother supported family with Agri Land,  Land records "Patta"  and all the ownership shows she is the Owner of the Land, 

4 years before My mother given Gift settlement  deed registered on my name.  Then after I changed ownership of land on my name.

My all 4 sisters got married  before 1985,  To avoid disputes at later stage  I got  Release deed from all my 4 sisters & duly Registered .

I consider  Now I am only absolute owner the Land  &  It is considered  as Self earned..

I have authority to sale the Land to any one..

Now  I wish to understand what should be my only daughter’s rights on the land.. , She is now aged 18 running,  ( Not yet completed age 18 )j,

If I wish to sale,  Is it My daughter’s signature needed..?,   she is demanding  1/2  of the land  ( 50% ) share on the land, 

Last 7 years my daughter and her mother  ( my wife ),  staying separately due to some mis-understanding,

My mother and myself staying alone.   I need urgent fund for my mother's hospital bills. . 

What should be my legal rights for Sale, ? and What should be my daughter's legal rights. 

Potential buyer ready to BUY the Land.. but  my wife file court case demanding  50% share of my daughter’s rights saying my wife is guardian of my daughter.

Court didn’t even take this case for listing,  Last 4 years passed..  Nothing is moving,

Every day getting frustrated .. what is the legal possibility.  Pl. kindly suggest.

Note : No Divorce case pending. .... 

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Best Regards,

Anandan.R 

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 March 2015

once if a property reaches a womans hand it becomes her own property (self aquired) even if it is ancestral in nature.since your mother had gifted you it has become your self aquired property.so your daughter or your wife cant claim any share in the property.you can do whatever you want and you dont need their consent

Anandan Rajamanicam (Engineer)     31 March 2015

Saravanan Sir, Thanks for guidance, can I have few more experts suggestion / guidance for speed up the case that is filed against me demanding share on the property. last 4 years Court not even taken for listing. & every time judge change and court have own priority ? How to get out from the CASE., Please add your suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register