Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohandoss.R. (Assistant)     23 January 2012

Rti information: denial

RTI Act.
I am fighting the cause of a Jawan victimised by the Army. My Writ Petition was enquired by Army Tribunal. During trial,
(i) Without asking, the Army provided a part of medical records of another Jawan. Referring to it,
I am asking the rest of the records, or, certain data on his illness; Army claims "information about third party can ne provided if only he agrees". He died 6 years ago. So, Army demands that his Son (aged 10 years)
should give his consent, only then, the information sought for would be given to me. It is required to defend my case in Supreme court. Army, in its counter, has
given lot of information about that Jawan. Only the balance of records (or) few blood report data is all that I want.
(ii) Without asking, the Army provided a "monthly report" that is classified as "confidential". As it pertained to September 2009, I asked its copy for
August to December 1999 only which I need for my defence. Army refuses to give on the plea of "security". It contains the number of Jawans with AIDS, its
month-wise status about new cases, sent-home-cases, dead-cases, etc., When they could give UNASKED the most recent report, why not they give 13-years old report.
I solicit the learned Lawyers to kindly guide me. (Of course, I can demand it in Supreme Court - but, it will delay my case).

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register