LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ch prasad rao (assistant)     19 October 2014

Right of property for daughter in her father's property

One person in the state of Odisha died intestate last year. He has Three (3) daughters and One Son.He has 3acres of land and a house. In the 3acres of land 2acres are ancestral property and 1acre is self acquired. The son agreed to divide the 1 acre of his fathers self acquired among themselves. The Two daughters agreed the proposals but 1daughter disagreed the proposal and filed case in the court. Is the daughter  has right in the ancestral property?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 October 2014

Definitely if this property is Ancestral Hindu Family Property,  being daughter also one of the Coparcener as any son of the family can claim same share in the property as the any son. The 2005 amendment in the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 has giving equal right to daughters as the sons to claim share in the Ancestral Hindu Family property. 

Sakthi (Manager)     19 October 2014

My dad made a settlement deed to my sister his one of self acquired property before 2 years. Now he cancelled the settelement deed in Sub-Registrar office. Whether my father can revoke the cancelled deed or my sister should approach the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register