LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

craj   03 February 2015

Revoke the power of attorney

I have four brothers and I am living in abroad. In 2008, I gave a power of attorney (POA) as my father to sell his land. The reason was that I was in abroad and it was likely that the intending purchaser may insist that the Principal (me) who is the son of the attorney (my father) should also join in execution of the sale deed in respect of the land. The land is not sold yet and the other three brothers want to sell it now and share the money for themselves.  I heard and read that the POA can only be revoked by the grantor.

Q1. Since I am the grantor of the POA, can I revoke the POA now?

Q2. Is there any form available online to revoke the POA?

Q3. Do I have to register the revoke of the POA anywhere – sub-registrar’s office or municipal office, etc.

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 February 2015

for what purpose did you give POA.  You gave the POA for sale of the property.  The Principal of POA can cancel the power of Attorney and get it  be registered in Sub Registry office.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 February 2015

1.Only if u had made a poa which is irrevocable 3.sub registrar office

sundar (owner)     24 February 2015

Sir, I have property at Bangalore purchase thru bank. Bank holds all the orginal documents. While i could not afford to maintain the loan and was intent to sell it. The tenant of my house( was under 3 year lease) and interested to buy. Due to his inability he could not transfer my loan. Due to my personal issues, We have orally agreed for Sale amount with out any sale agreement. 25% amount he paid thru cash and 50% amount he has to pay as loan and remaining 25% he has has to give it me after the GPA   i have handover the possession and get-into  registered GPA- with 5% stampduty( around July 2011) with all the clause of behalf of me agreed to pay the bank EMIs, and at the end of loan , can collect the document, transfer the property. But he was not paying the bank emis and also not hand over the remaining amount. Now the bank is asking me to pay the loan. As i am unemployed could not do so. at the same time, i would like to cancel the registered GPA,. I have taken EC till date and no entry of other transactions than mine. Could you please advice the procedure to cancel the GPA with out the GPA Holder presence at SubRegister Office. I would like to do it at the earliest. thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register