Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay   10 May 2016

Rent agreement

Hi,

I have just taken a rented house, with a monthly rental of 16000/- (Delhi).  The broker has asked me for registered agreement and take 7000/- Rs  from me.

I just want to know whether the amount charged is appropriate or not.  If not them what should be the actual amount that i sjould pay for this rent amount  for registeered agreement.

If possible please provide me the details regarding this or if there is any link where i can find the detailed bifurcation for registered agreement charged by the government.

Regards

Sanjay

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Sir,

Broker is making a fool out of you. if 7000 is inclusive of brokerage and documentation its fine. otherwise he is charging too much. way too much. I am assuming the agreement would be for 11 months which is not required to be registered. it is made on the stamp paper of rs 50. assume typing charges 20 rs per page as it is. then attestation by notary is 20 rs for rent agreement at max. For taking so much trouble he should charge you 500 rs at max. and brokerage in delhi is 15 days rent in practice. so please dont get fooled

Rit Arora                                                                                                                     Advocate   Delhi High Court                                                                                                  7838737001

Sanjay   10 May 2016

Sir,

What i have got to know from internet is that for registered agreement we have to pay 2% of  average annual rent and 1100 RS of pay order is to be submitted.

So, i am going to have a rent agreement for 22months. So i thought 2% of average annual rent will be around 3600 RS + 1100 Rs of pay order   

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 May 2016

That 7000 must be brokerage.usually the rent agreement would be drafted by the owner only and you don't need to do it.eleven months agreement is leave and license agreement and doesn't need registration

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register