LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pramod   07 May 2015

Rent agreement

Hi, I have taken house for rent. The house owner given the copy of rental agreement to me. Is it valid or should I ask for original.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

copy is fine.

if possible, make sure the deposit is made via check..

pramod   07 May 2015

Hi, But it is only a photostat copy. Is it valid. Is it fine if I ask for original

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 May 2015

Original deed is always kept with landlord.Get a photostat copy[certified by Notary Public] of rent deed.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     07 May 2015

First get the aggrement checked by an advocate and then get it corrected and then proceed further.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     08 May 2015

Normal procedure is you should type the rental agreement on two sets of NJ stamp papers (i.e. two original sets) but in your case, you have made only one original set, in this case, I advise you as shown below.

Photo copy is ok, but take original signatures of the Owner and you make your signature beside the signature of owner on each and every page.  This is sufficient.  Notary is not compulsory.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2015

You can ask the landlord to sign on each and every page and you also put your signature beneath it in the photostat copy of the rental agreement held by you, so that it becomes valid and all your problems in this regard  can be set aside. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register