LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varghese (drvargheseae@gmail.com)     11 May 2014

Relinquishment from sisters

parents died intestate,  and the property left by them has not dived among three brothers. 3 elder sisters, already married long ago after giving their due shares. Now, we, the three brothers, executed a Bhaga Udampadi (partition deed) and got it registered. one of my elder brother didnt include the details of my elder married sisters in the bhaga udampadi.  After registration of the deed, self went to the village officer for mutation (pokku varavu) of my portion of land, but village officer asked me to produce the relinquishment deed from my elder sisters and the legal heirs if any, then only it can be mutated. In this case, what should I do, as my sisters are in their old age and away from my native place. Shall I obtain their consent (relinquishemett) in a 100 rupees stamp paper and get it notarised and registered? then attach it to the registered Bhaga Udampadi (Partition Deed) for mutation purpose>

Please inform

with regards

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 May 2014

First of all leaving sisters during partition is great mistake and taking their sign on relinquishment deed, which is unregd., is second mistake.  So It is better  to register the relinquishment deed, otherwise in future it will create a problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register