LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh (Program Manager)     29 September 2014

Release of share in the property by my cousin to me

Hi, I am living in Bangalore . Myself and my cousin ( my mother's brother's son) purchased a 1200 sqft  entered into a joint sale deed registered in 2004. We both constructed a house on the same land without bifurcation and the khata also on the said property is joint. So he has 50% undivided share as of now

Now owing to some differences, we decided that either one of us will become sole owner of the land and building, so we decided to execute a release deed. Release deed will be executed by he releasing his 50% undivided share to me and I pay him the necessary market share as of now.  His family consists of him, his father, his brother (aged 25) , his wife, his 2 year old son. Since he is residing outside india on work, he has executed a registered GPA in his brother's name.

I am going for the release deed in few days with his brother signing as GPA holder on my cousin's behalf. 

Now my question is whether after executing a fully registered release seed in SUB registrar office , this release can be challenged any time in future by my cousin or his family members?

Will GPA signing on behalf of cousin be safe.? Should I need to make any other document and take signatures of my cousin, his wife and his son after they return over and above this regd sale deed by GPA holder

Your earliest reply is highly appreciated

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register