LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A SGupta   04 November 2015

Registry of Firms

Can any company or bank force me to register my firm for their convenience? As I got to know that Indian Partnership Act 1932 made it optional.....please share your opinion....

Learning

12 Replies

siddhartha sinha   05 November 2015

If you are a borrower of the bank then banks can keep this as a condition.Indian partnership act kept registration optional for certain cases like temporary partnerships or small businesses. Likewise registry is manadatory in many states. Third parties with commercial transactions with unregistered firms face difficulties at the time of legal disputes. For example you can silently add a new partner without telling the bank and this person can shut down your business. Bank will be at a loss then.

A SGupta   05 November 2015

ok,many many thanks, that helped a lot, have a good day

Hello, can you tell me what are the documents required to register dissolution deed of partnership (not the firm)... I mean outgoing of old partners and incoming of new partners, in West Bengal ROF? Now, its been almost a year that the dissolution deed been made.... Although our new partnership deed has been applied for registration (that too a year ago), I only have the Challan (money receipt) of ROF and my notarized deed... I missed the hearing.... please suggest what to do now

Hello, can you tell me what are the documents required to register dissolution deed of partnership (not the firm)... I mean outgoing of old partners and incoming of new partners, in West Bengal ROF? Now, its been almost a year that the dissolution deed been made.... Although our new partnership deed has been applied for registration (that too a year ago), I only have the Challan (money receipt) of ROF and my notarized deed... I missed the hearing.... please suggest what to do now

Is the notarized deed and the ROF Challan good enough to get things going?

Although the Challan and the notarized deed is more than one year old now

siddhartha sinha   05 November 2015

You have already submitted new deed for registry. Yet you want to register your dissolution deed of previous partners. Y? Did the registrar ask you to? Or does the dissolution deed involve transfer of immovable property?

No the dissolution deed doesn't transfer any such immovable property, it only mentions the retirement of the existing partners and the incoming of the new partners.... I was asking because I got to know recently that I am bound to inform the ROF regarding any change in constitution in the partnership firm.... Is that so? As the dissolution deed took place earlier than the new deed (as obvious) but we haven't registered the dissolution deed yet.... that's why curious to know what to do now?

No the dissolution deed doesn't transfer any such immovable property, it only mentions the retirement of the existing partners and the incoming of the new partners.... I was asking because I got to know recently that I am bound to inform the ROF regarding any change in constitution in the partnership firm.... Is that so? As the dissolution deed took place earlier than the new deed (as obvious) but we haven't registered the dissolution deed yet.... that's why curious to know what to do now?

siddhartha sinha   06 November 2015

I dont have information about this rule in your state. Changes post registration are to be informed- so far right. But if all previous changes in partnership need to be informed, i am not sure if its practical. There can be n changes.A simple agreement for dissolution should work. Better if you also publish this in two local newspapers.Consult a local lawyer.

A SGupta   06 November 2015

ok...thank you so much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register