Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Legal Documents > Registration & Stamp Duty > Registration of leave and licence agreement   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 2 Replies to this message


[ Scorecard : 235]
Posted On 12 August 2011 at 17:54 Report Abuse

Dear Members,

Our company has taken a flat at residential locality on rent which would be used as guest house. The first page of the said leave and licence agreement has been franked with the required amount calculated as per Schedule for stamp duties and has been signed by both the parties along with the witnesses.

Is the registration process complete or anything else is required? Pls guide.

Further, there is another Leave and licence agreement being finalised which is for office premises. Except for the stamp duty, is the registration process same for both?

Experienced members pls guide.


Sapna Kannaidas



To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Kanaksinh P.Boda

[ Scorecard : 916]
Posted On 12 August 2011 at 18:53 Report Abuse

The common practice preveiling in cities like Mumbai is that a Notarized LL Agreement  for a period of 11 months is considered a valid and all the CHS are accepting the said agreement for purpose of their record. Even the Police are considering the said agrement for issuing NOC. However, it is left up to individual to decide, if they want to register it.

Total thanks : 1 times

Bhawani Mahapatra

Law Officer
[ Scorecard : 1173]
Posted On 12 August 2011 at 19:24 Report Abuse

Dear Sapna,

As per statute, there is no need to register a Leave & License Agreement. However for local practice, you can register with Notary Public or at the Sub-registrar.

Another thing, you need to consider is that mere mentioning the document as Leave & LIcense agreement, it wouldn't be constured as License Deed, if the intention between the parties are to create a Lease. So its very difficult to decide whether a perticular document is License Deed or a Lease one.

Total thanks : 1 times

Related Files

Previous Thread
Next Thread

Related Threads

Post your reply for Registration of leave and licence agreement

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • This is a public forum. Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public.
  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads - Month | Unreplied Topics | Forum Stats

web analytics