Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Students > Law Students > Registering with State bar council   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 7 Replies to this message

Rahul

Law student
[ Scorecard : 38]
Posted On 05 September 2009 at 11:31 Report Abuse

I am a law graduate but not registered with state bar council. Can i work as a legal advisor in my own company.

Is it necessary to register with bar council to work as a legal advisor.

Can i print LLB designation on my visiting card under these circumstances?

Kindly help.

Thankyou.

A V Vishal

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 19897]
Posted On 05 September 2009 at 15:01 Report Abuse

Rahul, You cannot enroll as an advocate while you are in private service. Further it is not necessary to enroll as an advocate to work as a legal advisor of your company. You can print your qualification on your business card.

Total thanks : 1 times

Rahul

Law student
[ Scorecard : 38]
Posted On 07 September 2009 at 10:10 Report Abuse

Dear Vishal sir,

Thankyou for the kind reply.

Ok. so if someone is already registered and wants to work as a legal advisor privately does he have to give cancel his registration.

My problem is that i am not going to practise law but my father is insisting me to do so even though i will only be an acting legal advisor because we already have a legal advisor.

Is it the case that a registered lawyer cannot work as a legal advisor in a private company ??

Kindly reply,

thankyou.

A V Vishal

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 19897]
Posted On 07 September 2009 at 22:22 Report Abuse

Yes,He needs to surrender his license to practise, if stated precisely, An advocate on rolls of the state bar council is not supposed to be in private employment. So, you need to decide unflinchingly which path you want to pursue.

varun & co

law
[ Scorecard : 64]
Posted On 09 September 2009 at 21:50 Report Abuse

1. if someone is doing llb and he wants to practice side by side ( asst. an advocate ) so is there any process of getting enrolled ???

2. or can a pursuing student can work as a advisor ??

3. is the enrolment number given by university is same as enrolment number of BAR COUNCIL

4. can anyone enroll oneself in two different BARS ?? or  suppose one is enrolled in delhi and can he practice in mumbai ??

G.H. SUBBU

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 73]
Posted On 29 October 2009 at 19:15 Report Abuse

Dear Sir, Please read the "Advocate ACt Book", then you will be cleared in all respects. Your questions are very basic. 

varun & co

law
[ Scorecard : 64]
Posted On 29 October 2009 at 21:16 Report Abuse

from where can i get  " Advocate ACt Book ",   ONLINE  ???

G.H. SUBBU

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 73]
Posted On 30 October 2009 at 10:19 Report Abuse

Yes, you can get the Bare Act in our Lawyersindia Website under the category of Bare Act. you can see "Advocate Act 1961 (Act 25 of 1961)"

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next