Registering with State bar council

I am a law graduate but not registered with state bar council. Can i work as a legal advisor in my own company.

Is it necessary to register with bar council to work as a legal advisor.

Can i print LLB designation on my visiting card under these circumstances?

Kindly help.



Rahul, You cannot enroll as an advocate while you are in private service. Further it is not necessary to enroll as an advocate to work as a legal advisor of your company. You can print your qualification on your business card.

Total likes : 1 times


Dear Vishal sir,

Thankyou for the kind reply.

Ok. so if someone is already registered and wants to work as a legal advisor privately does he have to give cancel his registration.

My problem is that i am not going to practise law but my father is insisting me to do so even though i will only be an acting legal advisor because we already have a legal advisor.

Is it the case that a registered lawyer cannot work as a legal advisor in a private company ??

Kindly reply,



Yes,He needs to surrender his license to practise, if stated precisely, An advocate on rolls of the state bar council is not supposed to be in private employment. So, you need to decide unflinchingly which path you want to pursue.


1. if someone is doing llb and he wants to practice side by side ( asst. an advocate ) so is there any process of getting enrolled ???

2. or can a pursuing student can work as a advisor ??

3. is the enrolment number given by university is same as enrolment number of BAR COUNCIL

4. can anyone enroll oneself in two different BARS ?? or  suppose one is enrolled in delhi and can he practice in mumbai ??


Dear Sir, Please read the "Advocate ACt Book", then you will be cleared in all respects. Your questions are very basic. 


from where can i get  " Advocate ACt Book ",   ONLINE  ???




Yes, you can get the Bare Act in our Lawyersindia Website under the category of Bare Act. you can see "Advocate Act 1961 (Act 25 of 1961)"




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu