LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrishti   26 May 2017

Registered rent agreement

I rented a flat from a couple 💑. They agreed for registered rent agreement. I paid 5000 for the rent registration which was double the price for it. After few months I asked them to provide me with the original copy of rent registration and they started playing with me. Asking me to get it from the broker and the broker asking me to get it from the landlord. I went to police station. I told them the entire story over and over again. They didn't filed any case. They asked me to visit a lady officer who also did nothing. The police incharge repeatedly instructed me to take help from the broker as if he is my relative. I stopped paying rent and they asked me to leave and they filed a case against me in court for which I was asked to pay Rs 1500 as a penalty for residing illegally in their premise. I paid the money and left the flat. Then the same broker showed me another flat . I paid the money for brokership which is 2 months advance and the deposit which is 15000 . Again I relied on the same agent and paid 5000 twice or thrice due to his personal problems. He never let the land lord meet me . I was asked to pay the rent to him and one day the builder of the building called me and asked for rent and agreed that the broker is a conman. I am not paying the rent . Thr rent agreement has expired and nothing has been done yet. I have met NGOs and police regarding this many times and no action or guidance is being offered. Please help

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More