LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer (study)     31 August 2017

Regarding refund rules railway

I traveled with my 3 years old son from JRC to NDLS vide PNR No. 243-5899559 Dt. 28-08-2017 Train No.14034 Jammu Mail Normal Ticket. Further i have next train from NZM To R(Raipur, Chhatisgarh) PNR No. 271-6656467 Train No. 12808 Samta Express Tatkal Ticket. But because of jammu mail gets delays more than 3 hrs. i am not able to catch my next train. After almost 2-3 hrs running from 1 counter to another, I talked with station master he said he is re validating the ticket for next available train but without any seat confirmation and i am sorry to say this the behavior of that station master was so rude and irresponsible. Fed up with these kind of behavior and running i made a fresh booking in BSP Rajdhani (12442) PNR. No.213-5919072. i just want to know in this situation should i get the refund in this matter or not and can i file a case against the railways in consumer court the behavior of railways person and the problem

Learning

2 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     01 September 2017

You have to collect some documents like ticket, the train delay report etc. you can file consumer case at district forum at your jurisdictional district forum. You have to prove you case that there is a delay of 1st train and due to delay you lost your another train and the service provider did not provides satisfactory service to you.

Jyotirmaya Prasad Behera

Advocate, Orissa High Court

sameer (study)     02 September 2017

i had with me old paper tickets that i booked at indian railway counter with seal of station master mention that he is revaildating my ticket for next train because of 1 st train get delays 3.05 hrs due that i am not able to catch my next train but he cannot provide me confirmed seat for that i have to talk with T.T. will it works.

i told station master sir i booked tatkal ticket for my next train just beacuse getting confirmed seat and now you are telling me that for seat confirmation i have watch tt face. 2-3 hrs i run 1 counter to another but the result is zero

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register