Regarding lok adalat

my wife filed a case on her relative and fir logged with section as 509 ipc. it's cognizable.

1)does charge sheet has to be filed before the matter goes to Lok adalat ?charge sheet filing by police investigation officer before it goes to Lok adalat?

2) attending Lok adalat is Mandatory? or any party can skip ?

Lok Adalat takes a case up with the consent of the parties.

tgk reddi sir, please help me with 1st question too

Retired employee.

It depends on both the parties for going for a compromise and both parties must agree for a settlement and then request police to do the needful required under the Act.  

LAWYER

Prasad sir, kindly help with 1st point too 1)does charge sheet has to be filed before the matter goes to Lok adalat ?charge sheet filing by police investigation officer before it goes to Lok adalat?

Ram Prasad ji, 509 ke apradh me agar mahila chahe to court se aagrah karke purush se samjhauta (compound) karke us aarop ko Rafa dafa kar sakti hai. Agar shikayatkarta aur abhiyukt dono sahmat hon tabhi case Lok Adalat me jata hai. Aksar Lok Adalat ke nirnay ko log challenge nahi karte hain.

If a matter is in Lok Adalat, police won't file chargesheet.

tgk reddi sir, you got my question opposite way. charge sheet not yet filed. still it can go to Lok adalat? or is charge sheet mandatory to go to Lok adalat ?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu