LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhishek bhattacharya   29 September 2017

Regarding :intimation of a property purchase under ccs rules

I am an unmarried central Govt. servant working from 2010 and my mother a family pensioner and she is not dependent on me.Recently she has decided to invest in an underconstruction property to be handed over in 2020.The cost of the property is 55lakhs and she is going to be 1st owner.She is paying 30lakhs from her lifetime savings and 25lakh loan to be shared between us in 15lakhs and 10lakhs between me and my mother respectively.Now since as per Rule 18 of the CCS(Conduct)Rules,I need to give prior intimation to my head of office regarding the purchase of the same,I have a few queries:

1.The property is being purchased from my mothers personal bank savings which my office has no right to know.

2. My contribution to the property is 15lakhs that too by bank loan to be disbursed periodcally and I am the second owner of the property.

3. The property is an underconstruction property and the tentative date of possession is likely to be in March of 2020.

Now in light of the above request you to clarify ,what sort of  information needs  to be dsclosed to my office?Is it the bank loan amount or my mother's contribution which the office is not entitled to know.

Since the process will be continuing over 2years being an underconstruction property,instead of now can it be disclosed six months prior to posssession and final hand-over ,as then too by no means this qualifies to be an ex-post-facto sanction which is severely discouraged as per Rules.

Learning

4 Replies

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     29 September 2017

You are required to submit form 18 (2)/18(2) for immovable property/movable under ccs conduct rules. Can be downloaded online. The same along with a covering intimation letter is required to be submitted.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 September 2017

Yes, you can give intimation in the prescribed form.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2017

This intimation has to be given within one month of transaction.

abhishek bhattacharya   30 September 2017

Thanks  for your reply but still I have confusion over the following:

1. What sort of  information needs  to be dsclosed to my office?Is it the bank loan amount or my mother's contribution which the office is not entitled to know since she is not dependent on me.

2.The property being an  underconstruction project and the tentative date of possession is likely to be in March of 2020 ,so instead of now can it be disclosed six months prior to posssession and final hand-over ,as then too by no means this qualifies to be an ex-post-facto sanction which is severely discouraged as per Rules.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register