Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhandapani (System Engineer)     23 March 2013

Rectification deed can be executed incase of any mistake

Hi All,

I have taken a home loan from LIC and have purchased new flat. The sale deed has been executed and it has been registered with my name. Later I noticed that my flat number is incorrect in my sale deed.

Yes I agree it was not verified thoroughly by me and builder. However it should be verified by LIC HFL before releasing my loan payment but not sure why banker has not verified such basic thing which became big issue for me now.

Please can anyone help me what is the procedure to correct my flat number in sale deed. The original sale deed document is with LIC HFL.

Regards,

Dhandapani.A

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 March 2013

go for rectification deed.

Dhandapani (System Engineer)     23 March 2013

Hi Rajeev,

Thank you so much for your advice.

I need few more clarification.

1.       Is it necessary to pay full stamp duty to execute the rectification deed which I paid while executing the original sale deed?

2.       Is there any limitation for executing the rectification deed number of days or number of times?

3.       Is there any other document to be verified other than that sale deed before executing the rectification deed?  Ex. Receipts.

Regards,

Dhandapani.A

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 March 2013

If there is an error relating to descripttion of Survey Number or the area of the property, then the Rectification Deed may have to be stamped and registered as a conveyance. There are many other situations where the registering authority may insist on payment of additional stamp duty and registration charges. Generally, it is to be taken that if the rectification does not result in transfer or conveyance of any other or additional property, only nominal stamp duty and registration charges are payable.

Dhandapani (System Engineer)     24 March 2013

T   Thank for your fruitful information Rama Chary,

My original sale deed is with LIC HFL. If I go for deed rectification will that require original copy of sale deed?

Rectification deed can be separate document and it has to be attached with original document or it can be altered in

original sale deed?

The sale deed validation was not properly done by builder end also before the registration.. In this case whether  

I need to approach builder to apply rectification deed or myself can initiate the process?     

Please advice.

Regards,

Dhandapani.A

Dhandapani (System Engineer)     27 March 2013

Hi All,

Please can anyone help on the below queries,

1. My original sale deed is with LIC HFL. If I go for deed rectification will that require original copy of sale deed?

2. Rectification deed can be separate document and it has to be attached with original document or it can be altered in

original sale deed? 

Regards,

Dhandapani.A

Madhukar (tech)     27 August 2013

Dear All I purchased my flat in year 2011, but in that deed parking no not mentioned, 

1) is it is corrected by  rectification deed?

2) That time we registered with builder itself and me, now he given authority to another person for registration and all things. can i go for rectification deed?

Madhukar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register