Recovery of maintenance

a

hello experts and lawyers -

1. maintenance in dv awarded last year

2. we immediately went to appeal in the next higher court

3. wife played tactics to avoid appeal court's summons

4. 6 months gone, i heard wife has filed a petition for maintenance recovery

1. how many stages are involved in the recovry petition?

2. how much time it will take to dispose off?

3. new judge joined in appeal court and he is fast tracking the cases and my lawyer already filed a notice order to her lawyer when she was not accepting the summons. is the recovery petition valid when stay still pending in the appeal court?

please provide your valuable suggestions 

Originally posted by : Ravi
hello experts and lawyers -

1. maintenance in dv awarded last year

2. we immediately went to appeal in the next higher court

3. wife played tactics to avoid appeal court's summons

4. 6 months gone, i heard wife has filed a petition for maintenance recovery

1. how many stages are involved in the recovry petition?

2. how much time it will take to dispose off?

3. new judge joined in appeal court and he is fast tracking the cases and my lawyer already filed a notice order to her lawyer when she was not accepting the summons. is the recovery petition valid when stay still pending in the appeal court?

please provide your valuable suggestions 

Your stay application should be numbered and accepted and stay granted.  If this is not done and wife moved recovery application, then summons will be issued to appear, you can state that you went for appeal, but they will ask you to pay as stay not granted, failing which warrant will be issued consequently.  If warrant issued and you appear with money, clear dues then nothing much will happen.  If you dont get caught, go into hiding and then NBW will be issued.  Once NBW issued it will be continous basis, until you get caught the police will put you in wanted section and catch you.  If caught, no bail till magistrate approves, you will have to visit court from jail itself.  Till you clear dues they wont let you go.  From summons to NBW 1 -2 dates time you might get but that depends upon the judge.

U cannot escape maintenance even u appeal to high court. It may take hardly 2yrs.so u pay maintenance such that rs200,300,500And go on it may take 25yrsetc

I disagree with wrong advice given by fake user sachin alias shashi dhara.

You can chakma give to court regarding maintenance. No need to go high court. BC.

a

thanks Prasanna. does this mean i pay immediatley after i appear before the court? can i request the court to give me 1 month for arranging the money?

what do you mean by saying "You can chakma give to court regarding maintenance. No need to go high court. BC"

I don't see any contradiction between the Replies of Shri Prasanna and Shri Shashi Dhara.     Both are right.

Originally posted by : TGK REDDI
I don't see any contradiction between the Replies of Shri Prasanna and Shri Shashi Dhara.     Both are right.

So you also creating fake ids?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu