Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ram   24 August 2016

Really? 1 day divorce? contested divorce converted to mcd

I understand that,

1. in mutual divorce there is cooling period of 6 months.
  2. However, I heard that when contested divorce is converted in mutual divorce, there is no need of 6 month cooling period. 

Is this information correct?

I got Married on Nov 2010, after 3 months she got pregant and demanded money and seperate house, we rejected, she left house on may 2011.

Since 5 years we are living seperately till now.

Contested divorce filed on september 

Filling court - Thane
Filing Date: 04-09-2015
Registration Date: 08-09-2015

Wife was not taking summons, since the first hearing which was on 28-10-2015. So, notice was not served, until last month, that is july 2016 - notice was served. (11 months). Also, note that, she filed a false 498a, 323, 506 & crpc 125 in her native place in Uttar Pradesh.

She came to thane court few days back, and both parties were asked for meditiation. We are on verge of settling the issues, by going for mutual divorce. Also, next mediation date is on friday. - 26 aug 2016

Please note : I have a baby girl, right now she is with her mother. .i.e my wife.

1. Question #1 - Lawyer stated that - my contested divorce in family court can be converted to mcd, giving me divorce in 1 day and decree within 15 days. Since, it has been time I filed contested divorce.
  2. Question #2 - What about the false cases she filed on me? Some says that it should be removed first? How my wife family will remove false cases on me and my family?
  3. Question #3 - I think, this is a trap? First they will take money and then she will withdraw her consent before i get the decree. How to avoid such situation?
  4. Question #4 - In a mcd which has been converted on basis of compromise, will she get a punishment if she withdraw her consent or isn't that a cruelty on her behalf, which again is a ground for divorce?

Honourable Advocates, and friends here, please guide me, as I don't want to get stuck and be a fool. I have seen many cases where wife family take money and linger cases

Learning

2 Replies

innocenthusband   24 August 2016

If you are innocent, do not pay anything. Contest your cases and win them. Since it took you 5 years to begin the divorce proceedings, it wont matter in fighting the cases. I assume you already live a life outside this marriage since no man waits for 5 years for anyone.

Tell your lawyer that there's no such thing as 1 day divorce. Next your lawyer would talk of online divorce. Don't fall for these cheap tricks.

whatnot   24 August 2016

Question 1)

There are 4 steps to MCD. She should file interculotory, Then both should file 13 B petiton, then six months wait and be present for a decree.

Question 2 )

Have you been served any notice?. If not these may be just threats. Get a line in MCD draft itself all other cases will be withdrawn  and you have been cadoned.

Question 3)

Money is a great motivator. Show the Bank DD in their name. or child name. It is good tool to use for negotaition. But don't push them hard.It is your child life.

Question 4)

Recently there has been a rejection of plea of withdrawal once MCD submitted.

But Divorce is civil case. Separation is a punishment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register