LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (Family CEO)     24 February 2012

Need indian lawyer to challenge us court

A United States of America court has granted dissolution of marriage conducted under the Hindu Marriage Act. 

I am the Respondent to the case and I mailed a letter to the Petitioner, my wife and to the court on this matter. Please see letter attached which is also filed in the US court wherein I have objected to the dissolution of marriage. 

I am interested in hiring the services of an attorney who can file a petition in the Indian courts objecting to the US court making a ruling on Hindu Marriage Act or advice as appropriate to contest the judgement.

If you are an advocate and interested in representing me, please send me your signed Vakalatnama and client agreement document to share information regarding the case.

Please email me with your questions: reachkumaradam@gmail.com

Learning

3 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     24 February 2012

Dear Querist,

Please note that there is no strainght jackate formula to blankat-ban the Order passed by an US Court dissolving the marriage  perfomed under HMA and as per Hindu rites & custom. The consideration for the Court in India while dealing with such Order/decree passed by a foreign Court especially in a matrimonial case like yours would be that whether the said Order  was passed considering the provisions of HMA and general law (CPC) as applicable in India and amongst Hindu marraiges. There are many tests by wihich way, we come uo to a situation form where we can advise you to take some strategic steps as permitted by laws in India for nullifying the said foreign decree/Order.

Please feel free to contact for detail legal position in the matter  as applicable in India including the case laws pronounced by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.

Please provide further facts to get detail opinion.

Trust this would be fine.

Rabin Majumder
Advocate-on-Record
Supreme Court of India
New Delhi

(Guest)

hi Adam, how are yoiu?......after long time

Kumar (Family CEO)     27 February 2012

Attaching the US decree/judgement. No reference of HMA/Common law. Will this stand good in India ? 

Attached File : 303177168 scan0027.pdf downloaded: 72 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register