LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subho (Home maker)     03 August 2010

Help me

Please tell me howmany dates we can take from court for cross examination. It is a case of my daughter's suicide. We know the boy will be acquitted by the court due to lack of evidence. We only want to deferred the decision so that his peace of mind can be ruined. We have already taken a date from court how many more dates we can take from court?  If the cross examination is cancelled then how many dates it will take to have the decision?

Learning

8 Replies

V,JAGAN MOHAN REDDY (ASSOCIATE ADVOCATE)     03 August 2010

hi this is jagan Mohan Reddy, please telll me that, once the person made private complainat to refer the Police station, and the police filed final report with that the case is civil nature, and the complainant received the final report, and again with same facts and on the same person filed second complainant, i want to know that whether it is maintainable according to law.

Ayush (Advocate)     03 August 2010

Please do not post such silly questions any more. You have once again posted such an annoying question! DONT WASTE OUR TIME!!

(Guest)

@ Subho,

Sad to know the tragedy in family. But, do you think by taking say 5 more differment during cross extending to say 1 year the family's personal sad loss can be repayed or culprits could be brought to justice.

I suggest to hire the best of criminal lawyer and bring to books the person responsible for such personal loss instead of surrendering to Court due to as you say 'lack of evidence'. In other words I am also saying, if the family knows the person will be acquitted due to lack of evidence then what is the point to prolong the family misery simply withdraw the case.

Rgds.

Subho (Home maker)     04 August 2010

@ Ayush

The question may be annoying for you but for me it is a case of searching justice for my daughter. I know you are a busy professional lawyer you don't have time for such silly question and I request you if you find such question annoying then just ignore don't hurt a mother who has just lost her daughter.

bubka (student)     04 August 2010

@Subho

I totally agree with Mr Arun.

What are the evidences you have.

Why do you think they are not sufficient.

When is the next date?

Please let us know so that our expert can comment properly.

Rgds

(Guest)

The lady can PM to several of the members of this forum too if she doesnot want the case be discussed openly.

1 Like

Ayush (Advocate)     04 August 2010

I understand that you are suffering from pain and I completely agree with you that your daughter has been killed. I also understand that this may have killed your daughter.

Look Subho! you are just making an abuse of court procedure and just wasting the time of the concerned court. It is just because of you people, who delay the matters in the court just in order to harras the other party, the courts have long pending disputes in the court and the courts cannot get time to handle the serious dispute.

I want you to understand one thing that delaying the matter for one  or two years will not give you justice nor it will calm you in any way. I also want you to understand that your this technic may set an example for other people to delay the court proceedings. If we lawyer will not stop you people from taking such steps, this process of delay in courts will continue and no one is ever going to get the justice from the courts because the justice delayed is justice denied.

Tomorrow! you may be implicated in any case, may be falsely. The other party in your case may also get the court cases delayed by using such methods and you may also get harrased. Will you like this at that time.

We have not stringent law in our Indian legal system to held the boy guilty in your case. We have loopholes in our legal system and he is getting advantage of this loophole. what you can do is get the strong evidence and strong arguments in your case, go to higher courts by appealing and get the boy held guilty. The lower courts work on question of facts and the higher courts work on question of law. You may get justice in higher courts but i am sure you are not going to get justice in the trial court where you are trying to linger on the proceedings. If you will delay the matters like this, you are not going to get justice in any way and you are just harrasing yourself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register