LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     17 June 2011

Honda show room is not giving me RC book of my new bike

I bought my new bike from HONDA SHOWROOM IN MY CITY (GANDHIDHAM) on 9th February, 2011. In which Showroom charged a200 extra as vehicle passing charges by saying its compulsory to pay till that time I hadn't any idea about passing etc. as that was my first veichle. So, showroom people diverated me to a agent for whom they had charged200 by force. I went to RTO office for registration on 2nd April, 2011 (where all RTO employees were forcing the people to take agent services whether it is about driving licence or registration, they were clearly dening to provide any kind of information also).

Agent charged 20more from me. And after that he told you have to pay200 extra (I already paid220) as you have come for registration after 28 days, so its a late fee.

I denied to pay any extra amount. As there was no such information provided by HONDA SHOWROOM to me that it is compulsory to go within 28 days for registration otherwise late fee is applicable.

Now, they people are denying to give me RC book ? So, please solve my following queries.

(1) Is there any such rule to go within 28 days for 2 wheeler registration?

(2) If yes, then who will be responsible for the above delay as the above information had not been provided by HONDA SHOWROOM to me ( even latter they were saying they provide information to all)?

(3) And in last HONDA SHOWROOM diverted me to an agent without my consent so these problems are occuring?

Now, what can be the solutions of all above. RTO employees and officers are not doing there duties so, these problems are occuring, please give sollutions of all above. Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2011

The rules may vary from state to state.

The company showroom is supposed to issue temporary number which is valid for one month, and charges Rs.200/. However the receipt is usually not issued.

If the owner of vehicle applies for RC within one week no late fee is charged. After a week Rs.10 are charged.

Company showroom shall issue inspection sticker on vehicle, and other documents e.g. form 20, 21, 22 as per state rules.

Owner is supposed to submit file for RC and enclose self attested proof of ID, receipt of fee deposited with RTO office/bank designated by RTO.

Ask any experienced person in family or RTO office and file for RC. RC shall be issued on specified date.

Meet the owner of showroom and ask for refund of money since you have not aviled the services of agent.

Be gentle and persist.

1 Like

Sir, actually all procedures has already been done. They sent my documents to a local agent without informing me about the procedures and all just they said you have to contact to this person.

All procedure all ready has been done. Now they are asking me to pay Rs. 200 as late registration charges (according to Honda Showroom and agent it is applicable in case registration(passing) done after 28 days from the purchase) Honda showroom didn't inform me about this in advance.

My RC book is with them and they are asking for money.

So, my question is, is there any rule of late registration fees and which period is defined as late under GUJARAT RTO rules?

Is it 28 days? Even I didn't get full information from HONDA SHOWROOM so, why should  I pay any penalty?

And any of the employee is not ready to open their mouth about all these and forcing everyone to go with agent, agents are sitting outside the RTO office. Nothing can be happend about all these.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 June 2011

You can meet the RTO, or suprintendant in the office.If you wish you can meet the PIO to enquire about the late fee, and rules.

You can submit written complaint to Owner of showroom and Honda. Honda is sensitive about their image, and may help you.

It is also possible  you may not get anything from them. Neither showroomnor Honda,nor RTO shall acknowlege that they have agents.

Get your RC first. Persue your complaint with Honda and see what happens.

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     18 June 2011

Honda showroom has collaboration with agents and they are diverting people to agent without their consents.

Now I don't want to pay any extra charges for RC book as its not govt rule and they didn't inform me about this before. So, its not my liablity to pay any extra charges.

RTO officers are themselves not ready to give a single information, they are advising to go with agents.

Anyways thanks for your responses. I will make inquirey about this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register