LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyesh thakker   14 May 2018

Railways

I travel by the MEMU train from Virar to Umbergaon and hold a first class pass. The problem is that there is no ticket checking staff on the train because of which second class passengers occupy first class coaches and we the first class pass holders have to travel standing. I have sent complaints to the railway ministry New Delhi, western railway head quarters in Mumbai, complained numerous times on Twitter but no one is interested in resolving the issue. My question is can I send a letter to the Mumbai high court with my complaint and can it be converted to PIL by the court. Do i need a lawyer. I cannot afford a lawyer. Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Aswath G   14 May 2018

Mr. Priyesh,

Such cases filed eariler in my states, 

all are aborded, It is no use to go for Court

Railway don't have a system to stop issuing general tickets, they will issue tickets untill train move

It will affect this rule

Aswath

This train does not have reserved coaches. The question of law here is how can u charge 3 times the fare from first class passengers and not enforce ticket checking.

Priyesh

This train does not have reserved coaches. The question of law here is how can u charge 3 times the fare from first class passengers and not enforce ticket checking.

Priyesh

TGK REDDI   14 May 2018

You first class travellers should have unity in you.      One of you should search for the TTI.     ( I think the Inspector is called TTI, as far as I remember ).    He should bring him to your Coach.      The TTI shall take action.     Otherwise take him to the Station Master when the train stops.

Aswath G   14 May 2018

Mr. Priyesh,

for high court you can't send complaint, but you can file suite thorugh bar concile of Mumbai

Any interested lawyers under public procecuter will take up your issue

Aswath

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 May 2018

Submit your grievance to the following contacts.
TOLL FREE NUMBER(S): 
  • 1800 11 1139
  • 1800 11 1322
ALL INDIA NUMBER(S): 
  • 011-24107464
  • 011-26886540
  • 011- 155210(Vigilance Help Line No.)

Alina Tamang   06 December 2020

Railways have taken a major step aimed for passenger convenience in the New Year by introducing a single three-digit helpline number for making all inquiries and lodging grievances during travel, said a PIB release on Thursday.

The new helpline number 139 will take over all the existing Railway helpline number (except 182), making it easy for the passengers to remember this number and connect with the Railways.

Introduction of 139 to provide integrated services to consumers of Indian railways has led to discontinuation of following helpline numbers that were dedicated to specific needs.

138- General complaints

1072 - Accidents and safety

9717630982 - For SMS complaints

58888 / 138 - Clean my coach

152210 - Vigilance

1800111321 - Catering services

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register