Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravisharma   24 February 2015

Query on indian electricty act 2013

Hello esteemed lawyers,

I am facing a dilemma in my personal case and would like some valued assistance from experts:-

I have a commercial premises with two separate metered connections. The premises has its own personal transformer of 200kva. last week a vigilance team from electricity department gave a visit and found that the load over two connections is exceeding by 6kwa from the sanctioned load. Hence, they imposed penalty under unauthorized use of electricity.  Now my queries are as follows:-

1. when the connection was metered and no theft of electricity was found, how the department can impose penalty over an individual for exceeding overload?

2. when the load of the premises is catered by personal transformer, why there should be the limit over load and how penalty can be imposed?

3. what are the interpretations of section 126 and 135 of indian electricity act 2003 under these circumstances?

In case if someone can provide me some references or citations, i will be thankful.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 February 2015

You can file appeal against the order issued by the Electricity Department in the appellate court.  If there is no action even in the appellate court, you can file Writ Petition in the High Court. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2015

take the help of a lawyer and file an appeal with the EB's appellate authority, on not getting a satisfactory reply, you may move high court with a writ petition for relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register