Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradyot Ranjan   19 July 2018

Query on buying an used car

Respected Sir,

My issue is that being a permanent resident of Barrackpore(WestBengal), i hold all the legal documents such as adhar and the driving licence of West Bengal. Temporarily i am residing in Panchkula, Haryana. I wish to buy an used car. Will the car be registered under Panchkula R.T.A. if bought in Panchkula. Or say if is bought from Chandigarh, will it be registered under its juridiction. Please help because the documents furnished while purchasing will be of West Bengal. Also inform the scenario if the car need to be sold. Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

As you have shifted to Haryana, you need to register your car with Haryana Transport Department within a month's time of changing your address. Concurrently, you will also have to inform West Bengal Transport Department of your new address.

If you have bought your car from Panchkula, it will be registered with RTA, Panchkula. Likewise, if you purchased car from Chandigarh, you need to get it registered with Transport Department, Chandigarh u/Form 20. .

Should you intend to sell the car in a state other than your home state, you will need to obtain an NOC from your RTO. Subsequently, buyer of your car must register it in the new state (in case of interstate transfers) & upon paying of road taxes & registration fees, he will be given a new car registration number.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More