Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitesh G Khobragade   04 October 2015

Protection to husband in family case

I studied post graduation and working in PSU,

I got married on 10-Nov-2013. and my engagement date is 17-Feb-2013.

We came to know each other in June-2012 via matrimony site and Facebook. My wifes elder sister contacted me for her sister's marriange proposal they are from Nagpur, Maharashtra and I am from Chandrapur, Maharashtra. On that first call with my wife's sister I told her that I stay in Mumbai, I am looking for educated girl who can work after marriage, as managing home in mumbai is too costly and require two hands to run home in balanced way.

During first talks she told that my wife completed her MSc in agriculture and presently persuing her Phd in Agriculture biotechnology from Akola, Maharashtra, and her Phd will be completed in max one year. apart from this she is getting scholership of 18000/- per month, and it will continue to get until PhD completes. after that she has plans to work as a lecturer or as scientist. I found the proposal good for me and agreed for marriage in Nov-2012. We told her parents that as there is only 6 months to complete her education we will wait and after completion we will marry so that the husbad and wife will stay togather after marriage. Her parents told in that case do engagement at least. We agreed to it and me and my wife finally got engagement on 17-Feb-2013. next day of engagement her family invited my family for lunch, we all went for the lunch. after lunch. her mother, father, brother, grand father, and grand mother started to force us to declare date of marriage as soon as possible and it should be within 2 months. Me and my family was not ready for such reaction and was not ready for marriage unless the PhD gets completed because husband and wife should stay together after marriage. and it is going to take only 6 months more to complete the PhD and we will wait until that. but her family members started to quarell on this issue. we strongly told them that we will marry only after 6 months.

after sinx months also her PhD didnt complete, they told it will take another 6 months. we finally got married in Nov-2013. After marriage me and my wife stayed together for one month and thereafter every month she used to go to Akola for PhD in one month only 10 days she used to stay with me and rest of the days she used to stay in Akola. sometimes I used to go to Akola to see her. After marriage her parents stop taking interest in her PhD and whenever asked they used to reply that it will take either 1 year or 5 more years. this continued like this only after that. My wifes parents and brother and sister's used to interfer in our married life more than required. I objected it several times but every time I objected my wife used to fight with me. she used to use disrespectful words for me and used to behave as per her parents wish. the interference level of her family in my life was so much that where we should go, what we should eat. what we should wear, what we should purchase. they used to send rice from nagpur, all grosary items from Nagpur. I didnt like all this taking grossary items from someone. but to avoid fight at home I had to keep quit. my wife used to call her paretns daily and used to update about day to day , hour to hour events. she never used to call my family members neither she used to take calls from them. whnever inquired she used to give answer as I was busy, phone was silent etc. She was in full control of her family members. it was like they are the managers of my family life.

One day in August 2014 we came to know that my wife is pregnent, she was very weak hence doctors adviced her to not to travel long distances and take complete rest. her pregnancy was unplanned because of mismatch of her period date in the month of July 2012. after this I tried to search for an alternative for her education continuation. I searched in Thane, Navi Mumbai, IIT Mumbai, Mumbai university. I visited personally to check whether my wife can continue her work here in mumbai. but it didnt work because she was not clear about her work and no proper guidance she was getting from the Akola for doing her PhD.

When my wife was 6 months pregnant we went to Nagpur to attend my wifes best friends marriage as she incisted so much for that. while returning we decided that let her stay back in Nagpur till delivery so that her parents will take care of her much better at her home. In mumbai thereis nobody who can take care of her when I go to office. she needs a lady nearby in case of need. on this her mother refused to keep her at Nagpur and said let her stay in Mumbai only they will bring her back in the 9th month for delivery. after this me and my wife returned back to mumbai. after few days when we check sonography as advised by doctor, we came to know that my wife has incompetat cervix and there are high changes of prematurity delivery. doctor advised to admit her to the hospital. her father came to mumbai but her mother didnt turned up. doctor advised her complete bed rest. she was advised not to goto toilet in toilet room, she should do it in toilet jar on bed. all such problems cannot be handeled by a gents so I again asked her to make her mother come to mumbai and stay with her. it was of no use. her father stayed in mumbai at my home for few days and left. she was pregnent as she needs a lady not gents. I asked her to tell her mother to come instead of father. but again there were fights for this also.

her brother stays in Mumbai working in PSU.

with all this problems she got admitted to hospital 3 times within last three months of her pregnancy. I used to stay with her in hospital day and night to take care of her. and whenver she was at home I used to goto office and used to inform neighbours to see her every hour.

she gave birth to a baby boy on 18-April-2015 with caesarean. her mother came and went back on 3rd day after her delivery. there was no help from her family members. I managed it single handedly. all the doctors were surprised about her mother leaving her after caesarean within 3 days. baby was under weight and required special attention.

10 days after her delivery her mother called her to come back to nagpur. I refused to send her to Nagpur because she was very weak could not stand straight, baby was under weight. but her parents forced and brainwashed her completely to goto nagpur.

one day without any reason she started to pack her clothes in bag. when asked she told she dont want to stay with me anymore and she wants to goback to nagpur near her mother. looking all the situation going out of comtrol i allowed her to go to nagpur. But i told that somebody from your family should come and take you home. her brother booked her single flight ticket and nobody accompained her to go to nagpur. I dropped her to airport. she was very wear, and baby was still under weight she went on 25-May-2015. after reaching to nagpur she started to quarel over phone with me everyday. without any reasons. she used to use bad words for me in front of my mother, brother and sister in law "hagane ko adha adha ghanta lagta hai", "pura society jala kar rakh doge". I didnt like the way she was talking to me. I opposed on this. she took to quarel to next higher level.

she put the phone on speaker, in front of all her family members at home and started to quarell and use bad language. I told this is not acceptable. I call her father on his moble, he was also their but he didnt pick up the call, I called her at least 15 to 20 times to tell him that the situation is going out of control and to request him to make her calm. but all her family members were giving her inputs from behind and egraviating the situation. this happened on 10-June-2015.

after this day my wife never called me. She is not sharing photos of my baby with me. she i not picking up the call, her family members are not trying to resolve the problem, her family members are damaging the situation. when i tried calling repeatedly her brother picked up the call and started to use bad words for me. she never tried to talk, she never replied to any of my messages. I sent messages through watsapp also but there is no reply.

one day when I was in nagpur and called her many times and she picked up onces, I told her that I am coming to take you back to Mumbai. on this her brother called and said "abey tere baap ko leke aa sale". I droped plan of going to her home. and returned back alone. I didnt see my baby for five months now. I have no update of what is happening, whats in their mind. what they want to do. someone from her family told last week that she is in Akola and continuing her PhD. this was never told to me by her family and nor by her. I messaged her so many times to come back during this 5 months time to start all over again. but it was of no use.

on 16-Sep-2015 I called her and told her that I want to see my baby, you come back. she came to mumbai with her father and brother on 20-Sep-2015. that day I had 102 degree fever, loose motions, and vimiting, my treatment was going on. I told her about my health problem. I asked her by what train she is coming she didnt reply, I asked her by what time she will reach home, she didnt reply.

around 02:40 pm on 20-sep-2015 door bell rang. I knew it was her, without delay i opened the door. I saw she with the baby, and her father and brother standing at the door. the moment i opened the door witing 2 seconds, her father hit the door with the leg and pushed me back and said "abey daravaja khol sale". I could not understand what to do, I was weak, somehow i pushed him back and closed the door. and called police. and my friends to come home immediatly. i told my friend that I will allow only my wife and baby at home and i will not allow her father and brother at home. but my wife didnt come home and left. It was raining outside i told my friend to take her to his home and i will allow all of them to come home only after police comes. they went to my friends home and her father and brother told my friend that they want to leave the baby and go. My friend told that they cannot do this, as baby is too small only 5 months old and needs mother to take care. on this her father and brother told that she is not feeding the baby, baby is taking powder milk so does not require mother. after this they left the place and went back to her brothers home in mumbai.

my elder brother called her father in the evening to ask about their such rude behaviour, he didnt pick up. he then called my wife she also didnt pick up. after so many ties her brother picked up the call and asked. they want to leave the baby take divorce. they asked me to come home and discuss on this next month. after this I called one of her uncle and told what happened, he told that she is not in nagpur she is in akola since more than 4 months for PhD. and this was not told to me or my family. he also told that not to worry and he will try someting after talking to her father.

But now the relations which are damaged cannot be recovered, their is not respect left for me and my family in her. she can go upto any level to damage me. She has become so rude that she is not calling, no message, not sharing any details of baby with me. not even his pics. I cannot stay wih her any more.

I want to know how can I protect myself in this case and take my baby back. I dont want to pay any single paisa to her as alumini or maintenance. is there any provision in law to take me out of all this in safe way.

I also want to know what level of damage they can do to me and my family.

all the neighbours know me very well, and they used to stay at my home when my wife was alone at home during pregnancy. they took good care of her during that time. they are their to tell that I have done all good to her. and tried all possible ways to protect relation but all my efforts are nullified by my wife. I am not able to understanding what is going into her mind, and why she is taking so much advice from her parents and damaging her married life. why her family members are taking too much interest in damaging everthing.

how can i come out of this legally, please advice?

I will be very thankful to you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register