Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANGLESHWAR SINGH   22 February 2016

Property tax

House Tax/Property Tax Matter
Brief Facts of Case:

1. Property Address: Madhya Pradesh (Property tax collected by Nagarapachayat)

2. My Father and his two bothers constructed 11 shops on main road in 1998-99. After 2002, our village became nagar panchayat and they started collecting property tax. 

3. In between ma father's one brother died. My father was not living in village as he was employed outside..  â€‹

4. As my father's second brother was living there his name got registered in nagarpachayat as the owner of 11 shops as he was receiving rent from tenants. Both family distributed rent equally. My father was not taking any rent as he was already employed. 

5. My father's brother never submitted any property tax to nagarpanchayat. After his death they registered his son's name in their record. He also never submitted property tax.

6. Civil suit is also pending in court in name of my fathers nephew for depositing property tax.

6. We were unaware of this. After My father's retirement property got distributed between three family. And we got three shops.

Problem

1. Now, when we talked to nagarpanchayat CEO he said mutation is only possible after depositing standing demand.

2. My father is ready to submit 1/3rd part of demand. But my fathers brother's family are not ready to do so. They are constantly neglecting.

Question:

1. Is my father liable for payment of property tax demand of before partition? 
2. For the settlement of disputed if he is ready to pay 1/3rd demand then why nagarpanchayat officials are not ready to accept 1/3rd posrtion and do mutation accordingly.

Kindly guide

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register