LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thamarai   29 May 2017

Property inheritance

Dear Sirs/Madam, Thanks in advance for your reply. I and my younger sister are only children to my parents. I have one daughter. My sister has one son and one daughter. So how my father will divide his property according to grandchildren. Will my dad divide into two parts(for me and sister) or three parts(for our children 1+2). The land was ancestor property given to my father by his dad. But my dad built building. My dad earned some land also. Dad alive. Please give me some advice. If so have another baby in future can I claim for another share. Am just asking. Please clear my doubts sir. Why am asking is. We have many family problems and my mom has given more money to my younger sister and not allowing me in their home.

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     29 May 2017

iF YOUR GRANDFATHER DIVIDED THE ANCESTRAL PROPERTY ON PARTITION IT CHANGES INTO SELF ACQUIRED PROPERTY.iF NOT IT HAS TO BE EQUALLY DIVIDED AMONG SONS AND DAUGHTERS ALONG WITH YOUR MOTHER.yOUR DADDY MAY MAKE two parts or 3 parts.AS PER HIS WISH.iF YOU'VE DONE ANY BAD THING WHICH IS A BLOT ON YOUR FAMILY NAME YOUR daD MY EXCLUDE YOU FROM INHERITANCE.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 May 2017

Re-draft your query stating whether the subject property is ancestral or transferred by your grandfather to your father (by partition or any other mode).

Whatsoever, the position can be cleared by filing a suit for partition, declaration, possession, permanent and mandatory injunction and mesne profits.

It would be better to consult a local lawyer with all relevant details of the property and family tree for proper appreciation of facts of the case, guidance and proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register