Property information using rti

Hello everyone -

What all information can i ask using RTI about my ansesors property. Is it possible to file RTI and ask ownership information and the registration ever done on the property ?

Any one from Jharkhand willing to help me sort my property issue ?





Yes you file RTI to Public Information officer  of   Registrar and also to PIO Revenue department you 'd get the necessary information.


Retired employee.

All documents related to property are public documents and as there was well laid down procedure for seeking such information through certified copies, RTI is not necessary.

You can obtain encumberance certificate and certified copies of documents with in one week from Sub-Registrar on payment of prescribed fees .

You can seek information on mutation and documents filed by the parties under RTI to the concerned Panchayat, Municipality or Corporation.

You can also secure Extract of tax paid receipts from authorities.

In cae of property matters, it is only the deed and other connecting link deeds matter, and they can be obtained from Registarar.

Incase the property was acquired through process of court, application can be made before concerned court for CC of that judgment through advocate.


Mr.G.L.N.Prasad has given you comprehensive reply.

You want to know about ancestors property.

Obtain certified copies of mutation record starting from Mother Document of land. It shall be better to obtain link docs also.

The local revenue official e.g; Patwaari can help you.


In case you are facing some issues entrust the matter to a very able senior local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue matters.


Thanks for the reply... can you introduce me to someone who can help me in this regards ?

Retired employee.

The process is not easy as you think.  You may have to sit with a sincere advocate and discuss with him and he can entrust this work to his associates who are more competent and have links with those public authorities.


understand and thats why i am looking for one such person who can guide me.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu