LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anisha Contractor (Supervisor)     12 March 2014

Property distribution

My grandfather has two houses one in Mumbai on traditional paghdi system and other in gujarat which he owned. My father settled in gujarat while my uncle in mumbai. My grandfather did not make a will. My father and uncle also expired without any will. Now my aunty wants her share in gujarat home and also wants us to transfer the mumbai home on her name. what can we do? we are sunni muslims. i am the only daughter of my father whereas my uncle has two children a boy and a girl. What does Indian law say about it and how can we distribute the property? 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 March 2014

You are governed by Muslim personal law, partition can be done as per the provisions of the law in vogue in respect of the property situated in gujarat, what about the property in Mumbai which is under Pagdi system?, The issues of Mumbai property under pagdi system should be settled amicably among yourselves so that the property, due the conflict among you people, should not go out of your hand.  Involve elders for an amicable meeting and decide or consult a local lawyer apprising him with the circumstance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register