LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   12 July 2015

Property and family issues

My Father is now a Retired Govenment Employee and had been previously employed at various places in the then erstwhile Andhra Pradesh state. He had acquired a house property at and had acquired several other assets in cash and kind (materialised and dematerialised form) from his earnings and from the amount given to him by my parents, who are expired now, and all were kept on his name only. Meanwhile, my Father's brother and his family incurred heavy loans from unknown outsiders owing to their lavish lifestyle and spending; and to get out of the clutches of the loans indebted by them and to maintain their family, with a malafied intention, hatched up an evil plan in collusion with other family members, to knock away and to deprive of mine and my mother’s right of share over the ancestral properties situated in our native village, house property and also various other assets in cash and kind (materialised and dematerialised form) which were in my Father’s name. My Father’s brother and his family implied false allegations on me and my mother and created indifferences / disputes between us. My mother had always been alerting my father about their evil conspiracy for which my father turned a deaf ear and she had been opposing this since long. But my father, his brother and his family had grown more aggressive and threatening in nature and owing to the disputes my father had left me as a minor and my mother upon our fate and left us.
since then my mother had brought me up with the help her hardest earnings and had not got sufficient means to maintain the family. Now I am 38 years old and still unmarried (due to these family problems, I hope you can understand why, sir !) I am retired from active naval service and am not in a position to meet me and my mother's expenses incurred due to day to day necessities and obligations owing to our health issues as my pension income is not sufficient to maintain the family. At this juncture, I am feeling very insecure with regard to my social, physical and financial status and well being as I have no money and nothing with me to take care of myself and my mother, our day to day needs and ailments.
during these years, me and my mother had requested my father so many times to give any maintenance to us but he had not even cared for our words and has left us to our fate and has deserted us without any fault of ours and also threatened us to sell off the properties / assets and give the sale proceedings to his brother & family / ashram.
Now the house property is worth Rs. 50 lakhs and the income derived from the said property, disproportionately divided ancestral property, regular monthly pension drawn by my father and
various other assets in cash and kind (materialised and dematerialised form) acquired by my father are being enjoyed by him and his brother and family and are making hectic efforts to alienate me and my mother’s rightful share from all the above properties and assets in cash and kind, without having any legality or title over the above said properties and assets.
Now, my father and his brother and his family have several movable and immovable properties and assets and bank balances, in which some of them are ancestral in nature and are worth about Rs. 8 crores. Also my father had reportedly made his brother / his brother's family / others as nominees / beneficiaries to some of the assets which were acquired by the combined efforts and money of both myself and the Respondent after our marriage and had failed to maintain me as dutiful husband and and my son as dutiful father and left us upon our fate. My father and mother are not yet divorced and are of 72 years (father), 65 years (mother) age. My father left us in the year 1980 approximately.
Now sir, please tell me what all legal actions can we take against our father with regards to ancestral property, house property (in my father's name), various other assets in cash and kind in which to some of them my father had made his brother/brother's family, others as nominees/beneficiaries, even when we are alive and not divorced. Please help us

Learning

1 Replies

suresh   13 July 2015

Hello sir/madam,

am from vizianagaram and i married on November 5 2009,my marriage is not acceptable from her parents end,so at that time i taken a help from police for my marriage,at that time i have written a a document that i dont ask the property in future and that is only a white paper no stamps and nothing,and now my wife was asking a property from his parents and my wife having a brother also i need a suggestion , that can i go forward for a property or not ,if i go forward what will be the process

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register