Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chitra (Engineer)     20 November 2014

Process for khata transfer at bbmp bangalore

Hello all,

What is the procedure for khata transfer at BBMP, Bangalore when the property is getting transferred by inheritance. Can someone please let me know about the same.

What are the documents required. I did see the list of documents on the BBMP site. Sometimes they demand more documents than needed. There is no way to verify what they are asking for is genuine or not.

Also when property is getting transferred upon the death of a person I believe they do something called Mahazhar, where they visit the person's house who is dead and ask around all the neighbors whether this person has died and whether they know anything about the property that is getting transferred. I found it totally absurd to ask neighbors about one's property.  Why should they do all that drama.

If someone can highlight on the actual procedure it would be of great help to do it.

I would need what are the documents needed and the procedure followed upon the submission of the required documents.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Chitra

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     22 November 2014

You have to get death certificate of the deceased person from the Municipal Office and  and legal heir certificate from the Court.  Then you apply to the Tahasildar Office with the above said original documents. For further doubts contact me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 November 2014

There are a set of formal procedures that are to be complied with by the applicant for getting the Khatha transferred.  These things are listed out and can be found dangling on the notice board of the corporation office.  If not understood, take the help of a local knowledgeable lawyer who will be to help you out on payment of his nominal fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register